With a strong commitment to environmental sustainability, supporting the community and helping those less fortunate, the Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of SA Inc is a responsible member of the Australian business community.
The Society supports several community groups, including the Red Cross and Country Women’s Association, and provides thousands of free Royal Show tickets to community organisations.
Our staff also support specific community events and conduct fundraising activities for their preferred charity.
- Relay for Life, Cancer Council – staff at the Showground fundraise throughout the year and participate in the Relay for Life in May. The Showground also provides venue and facilities free-of-charge.
- Variety Christmas Party – The Showground provides the venue, furniture and labour free-of-charge. In addition, several of our partners (OBGA, Villi’s and Academy) support the function.
- Salvation Army – provision of free venue for packing Christmas Hampers.
- The Smith Family – provision of free venue for packing Christmas Hampers.
- Craniofacial Australia - various support for functions
- Co-ordinating Italian Committee (CIC) - through sponsorship of Carnevale and CIC VIP function
- Camp Quality (children undergoing or recovering from cancer treatment) – a group of Camp Quality children are invited to participate in the annual Showbag Launch event each year.
The Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Education Foundation of South Australia was founded in 2007 and supports agricultural education and awards scholarships.
The Foundation aims to educate the community of South Australia about the importance of primary industry to the economy and to the social fabric of the State.
The Foundation encourages scholarship recipients to become involved in the activities of the Royal Adelaide Show and to develop knowledge and skills in all fields of primary industry to benefit the community of South Australia.
The Foundation provides the opportunity and support to individuals whom otherwise may not have had the ability to further their education in the primary industry sector.
The RA&HS of SA Inc ensures 100% of all donations to the Education Foundation’s Scholarship Fund are distributed to recipients.
SA Primary Industry
Contributing toward the education of future custodians and decision-makers of South Australia’s primary industry provides a pathway to continued success and future growth within Primary Industry in Australia.
Programs Currently Sponsored by the Foundations
Rural Ambassador - Designed to highlight the importance of youth in rural South Australia and, in particular,
the agricultural show movement.
Junior Heifer Expo sponsorship - The largest and most successful junior beef industry educational event
Rural Media Awards - Encouraging excellence in reporting by young rural journalists and fostering positive relationships between the media and the show movement.
Urrbrae Agricultural School Scholarship - For an Urrbrae student who plans to further their studies in agriculture and/or horticulture at a recognised tertiary institution.
Golden Grains Agricultural Education Exhibit - Upgrading agricultural education exhibits and supporting infrastructure at the Royal Adelaide Show.
Wool, Wine & Wheat - Country Education Fund - For students pursuing some form of agricultural course
and/or career in primary industries.
Intercollegiate Meat Judging Team - Financial support for students to attend the National Meat
Brand South Australia - Support to SA Regional Awards via the Community Group Category.
South Australian Food Industry Awards - Recognition of innovation in the SA Food Industry with sponsorship of two awards; Best Practice Award and Business Development Award.
National Coca-Cola Sponsorship - Provides tertiary student scholarships in support of their studies in agriculture.
University of Adelaide Agricultural Award - A scholarship to benefit a student undertaking a program of study in the field of agricultural science.
SA All Breeds Dairy Youth Camp - Support staging bi-annual Junior Dairy Industry Education Camp.
Robotics Grant - Provides the winner of the Royal Adelaide Show robotics competition two airline tickets to Malaysia to compete in Robofest.
Next Generation Group - To fund South Australia’s Next Generation Group in their endeavours including staging the Farmer Challenge Competitions.
Royal Agricultural Societies of Commonwealth (RASC) - Support Next Generation delegates attendance at
bi-annual international conference.
Charity and Community Groups
Complimentary Royal Show tickets, worth over $350,000, are given to community groups, new Australian citizens in
South Australia and numerous charities each year.
In 2015 the Society:
- Provided 235 community groups with complimentary tickets (value $166,153).
- Provided tickets to charity gate collectors – Legacy, Can Do Group
- Provided tickets to Foodbank SA for their staff during the Show for the collection of non-perishable goods donated by Royal Show patrons.
- 7,556 complimentary tickets to Department of Immigration and all South Australian council districts for new Australian citizens (Value $173,788).
- Provision of complimentary tickets and prizes for community groups and schools for quiz nights and other fundraising events.
Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Archives Foundation of SA Inc
The RA&HS Archives Foundation aims to preserve the history of the Society - and South Australian primary industry in general - for the benefit of future generations. Dating back to 1856, the records held in the Archives Collection are an important historical and cultural resource for South Australia.